Other routes around Malgrat de Mar
On top of the routes that start and finish in Malgrat, some other paths that go along Maresme region cross Malgrat, either running parallel to the sea or connecting the mountain and the beach. They are long distance footpaths (GR), short distance footpaths (PR-C) or trails that belong to the trail network of our region, that stretches from Tordera river to Vallès and Barcelonès.
The GR 92 or Footpath of the Mediterranean Sea
The GR 92 or Footpath of the Mediterranean Sea is a long distance footpath that crosses Catalonia as part of the European footpath E 10 (Baltic Sea-Mediterranean Sea). It crosses Maresme region along the Litoral mountain range. You can reach it by Route 1, previously taking the PR-C 146.
It is a short distance footpath of 19.3 miles (31 km) which connects with Malgrat through Turó d’en Serra route. It goes along the hills of Calella, Santa Susanna and Malgrat, crossing Sant Genís de Palafolls. It starts and ends in Calella and Tordera.
Costa del Maresme Way
This trail goes 31.7 miles (51 km) along the coast of the region, near the beach for most of it. On this footpath, you will find all the connections between the sea and the mountains, and the connection with GR 92.
La Tordera Way
Pathway of 7.5 miles (12 km) that connects the delta of the river Tordera with Tordera town, where the GR 92 and the PR-C 146 get connected.
- Wear suitable clothes and shoes for the route and the season.
- Don’t forget to take water with you and wear a hat. It may be hot and sunny.
- Check the weather forecast, it may be helpful.
- Take your mobile phone to contact 112 in case of emergency.
- It is better not to go alone; you will avoid lots of risks.
- Don’t leave your litter in the forest, take it with you and drop it in the nearest bin.
- Respect the pathways, signs and private properties.