Moments of a lifetime
Since it became a touristic destination, around 1960, Malgrat de Mar has been a place to enjoy family holidays. In fact, the children and grandchildren of those first tourists, who have developed an emotional bond with our town, still visit us today. We are proud to say that there are families that during 30 consecutive years have chosen our destination to enjoy their holidays. Malgrat de Mar earned the distinction of Family Beach Holiday seal of approval on 2007 and back then had the 25% of its touristic offer certified as such.
The label of family-friendly beach holiday destination, part of the Family Holiday seals of approval, given by the Catalan Tourist Board (CTB), distinguishes towns that are especially sensitive to this market segment and provide facilities, equipment and services adapted to the needs of families with children.
These towns are certified as providing accommodation, catering, leisure and free-time facilities for young visitors. Once that range of facilities is verified by CTB inspectors, resorts are awarded the Family Beach or Nature and Mountain Holiday seals of approval.
The Family Holiday seals of approval lend greater visibility to the towns that wish to attract this kind of visitors. 60% of the visitors that come to Catalonia for holidays are part of the family tourism segment, that is to say, adults that come to enjoy their holidays with children. Destinations that are certified with the seal of approval guarantee them:
- Specialised services for families.
- Special attention to safety regulations, both in public spaces as well as in the rest of establishments that have been awarded the seal.
- A wide and a varied programme of animation, services and activities for kids.
- Facilities adapted to the very young in public zones, accommodation and other amenities.
- Easy access to information about daily activities, to helps visitors better plan their stay.
The certification guarantees visitors that their families will enjoy a great range of advantages provided by services that will take care of their specific needs: identification bracelets, familiar suites or communicating rooms, children swimming pools with monitors, cots, children beach clubs, supervision, adapted restaurant services, animation and street entertainment for children, public leisure areas and games for the very young, theme and water parks, possibility of bicycle excursions, and so on.
As a Family Beach Holiday destination, our town will always ensure your children safety. With that aim, we suggest you take the following advice to have an unbeatable experience during your stay:
- Your accommodation establishment will give you a safety bracelet for children. We recommend you to put it on them, so in case they get lost, it will be easier to bring them back to you.
- Tell your children to look for a policeman or a lifeguard in the event of getting lost. They will help them to meet you. Yet, do not lose sight of them.
- Drink some water or juice every 20 minutes to avoid dehydration.
- Obey the flags and signs and also follow the beach policemen and lifeguards advice.
- Malgrat de Mar is a calm and safe place. Even so, do not leave your bags and other belongings unattended.
Malgrat de Mar earned the Family Beach Holiday seal of approval on 2007 with a 25% of its tourist offer certified. At present the establishments and services certified with the seal are the following:
TOWN FACILITIES AND SERVICES
La Cooperativa Municipal Library
Can Campassol Park
Francesc Macià Park
Hotel Luna Club
Hotel Luna Park
Hotel ALEGRIA Maripins
Hotel Tropic Park
Hotel Rosa Nàutica
Hotel Sorra Daurada Splash
Càmping La Tordera
RESTAURANTS; BARS AND CAFÉS
Restaurant La Torreta
Restaurant La Maduixa
Restaurant La Ola